Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Starting out as a family of 4

Well, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind! Amelia was born and my mom stayed with us for two weeks (which was awesome!) so that I could just rest, heal, and enjoy my kiddos. Last week was my first alone with just the two of them and it went surprisingly well. Jake has adjusted better than I could have imagined to all of the changes, and has even stepped up and is going to sleep by himself and staying in his own room all night long! He is however getting more mouthy by the day. Over the weekend we were going to my parents house to visit and he told me to slow down and drive with two hands, and this afternoon when the dryer beeped, he yelled "The laundry is done, Woman!"  It looks like 3 is setting it's self up to be a very entertaining age :) His birthday party is this weekend and he is very excited about it.
I got baby girl's birth announcements in the mail today and they are super cute so I need to get on with sending those out. I took her to her first ICAN meeting last night and she slept through the whole thing. My hope is that I will be able to show both of my kids that birth is normal and not something to be afraid of. I know it will benefit my daughter when she is older and thinking about starting a family of her own, but I think it will make Jake a more compassionate partner for whoever he ends up with also.
We have new neighbors and I have not met them yet, but Paul has a few times and says they are really nice. Which has been great since our mower broke last week and the neighbor was kind enough to let Paul use theirs until he can track down the parts to repair ours. Looks like he is going to have to rebuild the entire engine so it may get interesting around here :) Last weekend he pulled out all of the crappy old shrubs around the house and hauled in her dirt to fill everything in and it looks SOO much better. I'm kind of sad that I didn't get before and after photos though.

No comments: